7.12.2010

Week 6

[Posted by Ruth]

With the heat finally breaking somewhat this weekend and the fact that we're leaving this Friday for vacation, it was time to get caught up on some of the vegetables I hadn't gotten to yet.  Unfortunately, my garage refrigerator was cranking out so much cold during the heat that I found a few things had frozen in there.  So, it was time to get going.  I roasted and froze the cauliflower and all of the kohlrabi and made coleslaw out of the remaining head of cabbage.  My husband likes a mayonnaise-based coleslaw, while I prefer one with a bit more spice and acidity.  I put this together to try to keep up both happy.





Compromise Coleslaw 
1 head of cabbage, shredded (preferably by hand)
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 cup sour cream
2 T prepared mustard
1 T balsamic vinegar
1 T honey
3/4 cup to 1 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Whisk garlic, sour cream, mustard, vinegar and honey.  Gradually add the olive oil in a thin stream while whisking constantly.  Toss with cabbage, add salt and pepper to taste and refrigerate for at least one hour to let flavors blend.

No comments:

Post a Comment